Monday, May 2, 2011

Oh Canada

This is a long shot but what do I have to lose? On Friday, I met two guys from Canada at the Kennedy Space Center Visitor’s Center for the launch of Space Shuttle Endeavor on STS-134. I needed a place to sit and eat lunch and they agreed to share their table with me. We were chatting about the launch scrub when a girl walked by selling two purple launch viewing tickets. Purple tickets are not available for purchase and can only be acquired by knowing a member of the shuttle crew. She told us the astronaut her family knew and said they couldn’t stay for the launch and wanted to sell the tickets.

My new friends were not sure so I explained to them what the purple tickets were and that they would get to view the launch from the causeway VIP section as guests of the crew. The girl wanted $100 per ticket but she would not split them up. They were going to purchase them but I cautioned them not to buy the tickets unless she had a car pass. She did so they purchased the two purple tickets and the car pass.

They got a great deal and soon after had to leave to catch their bus back to the hotel. We did not exchange information but I know they had to leave Monday so I’m not sure if they were going to be able to use the tickets or not. 

I’m hoping the right people will stumble on this via Google indexing and be able to put me in touch with these guys. They were staying at the Double Tree, used Gray Line Tours for their tickets and one was from Alberta and the other from Ontario. If you know these guys please have them contact me using any of the methods on this blog. I think I have a good use for their tickets if they can’t use them. If they can use them then I hope to meet up with them again.

Common internet, work your magic. Thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment