Monday, May 16, 2011

An Endeavor, Day 5, May 15, 2011

At long last our second attempt to see STS 134 arrived. Of course the day arrived on our 12th wedding anniversary but NASA did not take that into consideration when picking the new launch date. I should take this opportunity to express my gratitude to my wife as this is the second year in a row I have been gone on our wedding anniversary for a shuttle launch. Last year I was at the NASA Tweetup for STS 132.

The day started with a full set of ministry at Faith including an unscripted moment where I had a fake cigarette on stage. Sometimes you just never know what is going to happen.

My dad, our friend Ted and I left shortly thereafter to head for the airport in Indy and begin our trip.

Compared to my last trip this trip was wonderfully uneventful. We left IND on time and arrived early into Ft. Myers. We flew to RSW as it was significantly cheaper than flying into Orlando. The rental car pickup was smooth and we were quickly on our way to a hotel near the Orlando airport.

We made excellent time as Sunday evening traffic was very light. I would say bringing my dad and Ted was a good luck charm but let's wait and see when and if we launch. As we all know getting there is only half the battle.

We checked into the hotel for 3 hours of sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment