Wednesday, May 15, 2013

14 Years With Me

Today my wife and I celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary. That is remarkable because that means my wife has lived with me for 14 years.

As is the case for all men, I married up and I shudder to think where I’d be today if it weren’t for my wife. So, since she has lived with me for 14 years I’m going to brag on her a bit.

She's smokin' hot.

My wife works a full time job, 50+ hours a week in addition to fixing all the mistakes I make while helping raise our children. She works because she wants to, not because she has to and she beautifully balances her career and ministry with our family.

In addition to that, she helps me tag team maintaining our home, although to be completely honest I don’t tag her out very often.

My wife is low key. She isn’t worked up very easily and she isn’t full of drama, in fact, she is the opposite of a drama queen.

She's smokin' hot.

She isn’t selfish. She shares our family with folks all over the place and doesn’t grumble about my being gone, working long hours, or occasionally having to miss birthdays and anniversaries. She let me miss our anniversary one year and her birthday another year attending space shuttle launches.

My wife is an awesome mother. She helps teach our kids what’s important in life and what isn’t. She makes sure we have fun together as a family.

She's smokin' hot.

She sets a good example of what it means to work hard, serve hard, and love your family completely. She also sets a good example of what it means to have a good attitude.

My wife is an awesome cook. The only evidence you need there is to look at the size of my belly.

She's smokin' hot.

I look forward to the rest of my life with my wife, although I do hope the belly trend subsides somewhere along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment