Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Big Bang Theory Q&A

By far the most popular posts on my blog are the ones about attending a taping of The Big Bang Theory in March of 2010.  I’ve received many contacts and questions from folks all over the world but I think there are a few things I need to clear up as the 2011-2012 production season gets underway.
  1. The purpose of my blog was strictly for entertainment and information purposes. 
  2. I can’t get you tickets.  It doesn’t work that way.
  3. I can’t get you a job in the US Entertainment industry or in Hollywood. 
  4. If you are lucky enough to get tickets from http://tvtickets.com/ then follow their instructions and get there as early as you can.  They provide very clear and specific instructions online.
  5. The Big Bang Theory tapes on Tuesdays at Warner Brothers in Burbank, CA.
  6. Don’t plan a trip just to see a TV show taped.  Plan to do other things in case you don’t get in or something happens and the taping schedule is changed.  Remember that guaranteed admission tickets, especially for popular shows are very difficult to get.
  7. I can’t get you tickets.
  8. I can’t get you a job in the US Entertainment industry or in Hollywood
  9. The taping lasts between 4 and 5 hours.  They do provide you with a bottle of water and at our taping each member of the 200 person studio audience got a single slice of pizza from Little Caesars. 
  10. There are no restrooms located at the sound stage so don’t drink a lot before you go as getting to a restroom will cause you to miss a lot of the production.
  11. Leave your cell phone, camera, and anything else in the car as that will dramatically speed up security.  Plan to be unplugged from the world for 4-5 hours.
  12. I can’t get you tickets.
  13. I can’t get you a job in the US Entertainment industry or in Hollywood.
  14. There is no promise that anyone will stick around to sign autographs.  The Big Bang Theory provided us with a program for the episode we saw taped and we did get a few autographs but that is by no means a sure thing.
  15. Have fun, enjoy the process, and remember to laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment